Terms & Conditions
The following booking conditions form the basis of your Holiday Contract with Reach4theAlps. They set out our respective rights and obligations and you should therefore read them carefully.
1. Making your booking.
To make your booking, you must complete our online booking form. This must be completed by the party leader (who must be at least 18 years of age) on behalf of all persons named on the booking form confirming your acceptance of these booking conditions. The party leader will be responsible for all payments due in respect of the arrangements purchased but individuals in the group can make payments, the party leader just needs to give each party member the booking reference so then can acces the booking folder and make payment. Once we receive your booking request we will accept your booking request and you will receive a booking reference number, you then have 48 hours to pay your deposit to then secure your booking. All the prices quoted on our website are in Euros. The booking is only confirmed when we have received a deposit payment of 150 euros per person when booking a catered holiday or in the case of a self-catered propoerty 25% of the total cost of the property rental price. If booking 8 weeks or less before departure the full payment must be made at the time of booking. In addition, it is essential you take out appropriate insurance cover at the time of booking.
As mentioned above, a payment of 150 euros per person for catered or 25% of the total for self catered, must be made before we can confirm your holiday. For bookings made 8 weeks or less before departure, full payment is required at the time of booking. The balance of the holiday price must be received by us not less than 8 weeks prior to departure. If payment is not received in full and on time, we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled by you. In this case the cancellation charges set out in clause 7 below will be payable. You may pay by Mastercard or Visa credit cards in euros or by bank transfer into our French account or if you perfer to pay in sterling by bank transfer (we use HiFX to work out the current exchange rate), please note we only accept one payment by bank transfer per booking.
3. Your contract.
We reserve the right to increase or decrease the prices of unsold properties at any time before your booking is confirmed. A binding contract between us comes into existence when you have made full deposit payment. . Any extra facilities or services you add to your booking may involve additional costs.
4. Security/Damage Deposit for Self Catered Properties
A security deposit of € 1000 per chalet and € 500 per apartment (a pre authorisation of this amount is recorded against the client’s credit card) for every rental period is required in case of, for example, loss or damage to the property or its contents or the property being left without the below end of stay checklist being completed. If the property is left in accordance with the above, the pre-authorisation will be cancelled by us after your stay. However, the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit the Client’s liability to Reach4thealps.
End of Stay and leaving the chalet
Please vacate the chalet by 10.00 am as we need to turn the chalet around for the next arrivals. We ask that you:
- Remove all rubbish and recycling and take to the nearest bins.
- Strip used beds (not mattress protectors) and leave all used linen and towels in the bath or shower.
- Clean the kitchen thoroughly, hob, ovens, microwave, fridge, freezer.
- All crockery, cooking utensils, glasses & cutlery should be clean and put away neatly.
- Empty the dishwasher
- Remove or place any left over food in a box/bag
- Clean BBQ
- Close all windows and sky lights
- Switch off all lights
- Leave any used liftpass cards
If however, you are not planning on doing the above and forfeiting the cleaning deposit (€150 Euros taken from the security deposit) please let us know.
You must be adequately insured for your holiday. Mountain sports holidays carry an element of danger and clients must be covered by an appropriate insurance policy.
5.Changes by you.
Should you wish to make any changes to your arrangements after they have been confirmed, you must advise us in writing via email. Whilst we will endeavour to assist, we cannot guarantee we will be able to meet any such requests. Where we can, the following administration charges will apply:-
Change of outward and/or return date of holiday treated as cancellation and re-booking – cancellation charges apply as set out in Clause 7.
7. Cancellation by you.
Should you or any member of your party need to cancel your chosen holiday once it has been confirmed, the lead person who completed the booking form must immediately advise us in writing via email. Cancellation charges will then be payable as set out below to compensate us for the cost of making your booking and the risk that we may be unable to re-sell your cancelled arrangements. These charges are calculated from the date written notice of the cancellation is received by us.
Period before departure within which written notification of cancellation is received by us the cancellation charge will be.
More than 10 weeks = Deposit
Less than 10 weeks = 100%
Depending on the reason for cancellation, you may be able to reclaim these cancellation charges (less any applicable excess) under the terms of your insurance policy.
8. Changes by us.
Our holidays are planned months in advance. It is therefore sometimes unfortunately necessary to make alterations such as date changes, room changes or chalet changes. Most changes will be minor ones. Very occasionally, it may be necessary to make a significant change. Significant changes include: a change of accommodation to that of a lower category or standard for the whole or a significant part of your holiday; a change in the accommodation area for the whole or a significant part of your holiday or the withdrawal of a significant number of our advertised activities/services for the whole or a significant part of your holiday. Most other changes are treated as “minor” changes. If it is necessary to make a significant change before departure, we will advise you as soon as practicable. If there is time to do so before departure, we will then offer you the choice of:-
- Accepting the changed arrangements as notified to you
- Purchasing an alternative holiday, of a comparable standard if available (if the holiday is less expensive than the original one, we will refund the difference, if it is more expensive, you will have to pay the difference)
- Cancelling your holiday and receiving a full and prompt refund of all monies paid to us.
9. Cancellation by us.
Very occasionally, it may be necessary to cancel a confirmed holiday. We must reserve the right to do so. However, we will not cancel within 10 weeks of departure unless you have failed to make payment in full and on time or we are forced to do so as a result of unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which we could not have avoided even with all due care. Where your holiday is cancelled other than due to your default in payment, we will offer you the choice of purchasing an alternative holiday of a comparable standard if available (if the holiday is less expensive than the original one, we will refund the difference, if it is more expensive, you will have to pay the difference) or receiving a full and prompt refund of all monies you have paid to us.
10. Force Majeure.
We regret we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected by ‘force majeure‘. In these booking conditions, ‘force majeure‘ means any event which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include war or threat of war, riots, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and all similar events outside our control.
11. Our liability to you.
We accept responsibility for ensuring that all parts of our contract with you are properly performed subject to the following exceptions. We cannot accept liability where any failure to perform or improper performance was due to:-
1. the act(s) and/or omission(s) of the person(s) affected or any member(s) of their party or
2. those of a third party not connected with the provision of your holiday and which were unforeseeable or unavoidable or
3. an event which either ourselves or the supplier of the services in question could not have foreseen or forestalled even with all due care.
4. ACTIVITIES WITH REACH4THEALPS – if you carry out any activities with a member of Reach4theAlps staff or representative of Reach4theAlps, Reach4theAlps cannot take any responsibility for injuries howsoever caused. At all times clients must use their own judgements based on their abilities, and all activities are at their own risk.
In all cases except where personal injury, illness, death, loss and/or damage to and/or of luggage or personal possessions (including money) results or a lower limitation applies, our maximum liability is however limited to twice the price (excluding insurance premiums and amendments charges) paid by or on behalf of the person(s) affected in total. In the case of loss and/or damage to and/or of luggage or personal possessions (including money), our liability is limited to €25 per person as you are assumed to have taken out adequate insurance at the time of booking. Where any claim or part of a claim concerns or is based on any travel arrangements made by us which are provided by any air, sea, rail or road carrier, or any stay in a hotel, the maximum we will have to pay you in respect of that claim or part of the claim if we are found liable to you on any basis, is the maximum which would be payable by the carrier or the hotel keeper concerned under the applicable international convention (eg Warsaw Convention or Athens Convention) in that situation. You must give credit for all payments due or received from any carrier or hotel keeper which in any way relate to the claim in question. You must also provide ourselves and our insurers with all assistance required.
In the event that you have reason to complain whilst on holiday with us, you should immediately notify a member of staff. By raising complaints early, they can often be dealt with quickly so the rest of the holiday can continue to your satisfaction. If you are still unhappy after your initial complaint, please ask to see the Chalet Manager. It is in your best interests to follow this procedure, but if you choose not to, or you are not satisfied with the way your complaint has been handled, you have 28 days from the end of the holiday in which to write to us with full details. For all complaints and claims which do not involve personal injury, illness or death, we cannot accept liability if you fail to notify the complaint or claim entirely in accordance with this clause.
13. Conditions of suppliers.
Please note that all services are provided subject to the conditions of the relevant supplier. Some of these conditions may limit or exclude the supplier’s liability to you, usually in accordance with the appropriate international conventions. Copies of the conditions which affect you are available on request.
14. Special requests.
If you have a special request, please clearly note it on your booking form or if after booking, make it in writing. A special request will only be binding if we have confirmed in writing that it will be complied with. Therefore, unless we have agreed in writing to provide such a service or facility, failure to meet any special request will not be a breach of contract on our part. If we undertake to pass on requests to suppliers or other service providers (for instance ski schools or airlines) we cannot guarantee such requests will be met even if we have confirmed that they have been passed on. If you have any medical problem or disability which may affect your holiday, you must advise us in writing at the time of booking giving full details. If we reasonably feel unable to properly accommodate your particular needs, we must reserve the right to decline your booking, or cancel it when we find out the full details if you fail to provide these at the time of booking.
We regret we are not in a position to assist you in the event of delay at your outward or homeward point of departure. Please see section 19 if you have booked a transfer with us.
When you book a holiday with us, you accept responsibility for any damage or loss caused by you or any member of your party. Full payment for any such damage or loss must be made at the time to ourselves or the third party concerned. If you fail to do so, you must indemnify us against any claims (including legal costs) subsequently made against us as a result of your actions. We expect all clients to have consideration for other people. If in our reasonable opinion or in the reasonable opinion of any other person in authority you or any member of your party behave in such a way as to cause or to be likely to cause distress, danger or annoyance to any third party (including other clients and staff) or damage to property, we reserve the right to terminate the holiday of the person concerned without notice. In this situation, our responsibilities towards that person (including any return transport arrangements) will immediately cease and we will not be responsible for meeting any costs or expenses they may incur as a result. We will not make any refunds or pay any compensation to the individual involved or to members of his/her party or associates wishing to curtail their holiday as a result.
17. Website information and accuracy
All reasonable care has been taken to ensure that the descriptions, facts or opinions on our website are correct to the best of our knowledge at the time of being published. Chalet plans and resort maps should only be used as an indication of layout. Scale and dimensions are subject to error and furniture and room arrangements are subject to change. Opinions expressed are personal to the authors and photographs only relate to a specific destination when specifically captioned. The client should bear in mind that in relation to the information given about the resorts and certain of the facilities available within resort, we cannot guarantee accuracy at all times or that any particular activity will take place as these services are not under our control.
- Subject to availability, the reservation is deemed confirmed when you have paid for the transfer in full.
- We reserve the right to outsource/sub-contract bookings to other licensed transport companies to carry out a client’s journey. When travelling with a partner company of Reach4thealps please be aware that there may be variations in the operating terms and conditions. If this is the case you will receive an email from us informing you of the subcontractors details and process.
- In extremely rare cases where a booking is made and paid for and there is no availability, the transfer will be cancelled by the company and a full-refund made within 24 hours of the booking being placed. The client will be notified of this cancellation and refund by email.
- You are responsible for providing accurate flight arrival and departure times, contact information, including email and mobile telephone number. Any failure in services resulting from Reach4thealps having incorrect contact information will be deemed to be the fault of the client and no compensation will be available.
- Reach4thealps transfers are shared unless otherwise stated, meaning that you and or you party may travel with other clients.
- You will be met by a Reach4thealps driver or airport representative and provided with departure details. Under normal circumstances, a maximum waiting time of one hour may be necessary to join a shared transfer. With flights arriving before 09.00am and after 21.00, waiting times may be longer.
- You will receive a pick-up time the day before your departure via a Reach4thealps staff member or directly from a 3rd party supplier. Pick-up times are a minimum of three hours before flight departure and may be set further in advance of flight time at our discretion due to weather and road conditions and variations in the schedule.
- Where flights are delayed, clients will be rescheduled into the next available seats but this may result in a longer wait on arrival.
- If a client misses their flight Reach4thealps will endeavour to try and arrange but are then not responsible for this transfer due to the late notice of change of circumstances
- A client may cancel any booked journey with a minimum 14 days notice and request a full refund or booking credit against a future journey.
- All customers are allocated space to carry 2 items of luggage (one standard-size bag or suitcase AND one piece of hand luggage) PLUS one ski or snowboard bag. We must be notified to bikes at the time of booking. Should the client present themselves for pick-up with more than this allocation without prior notification, then we reserve the right to charge an excess luggage fee to cover any additional costs or to refuse carriage of the extra luggage.
- The property of the client is carried at their own risk and no responsibility for any loss or damage can be accepted by Reach4thealps.