Is this the best season we’ve ever had?
01 Apr 2018
I’m writing this on the 1st April 2018 … looking out of the window at white tree tops combined with blue skies and spring sunshine. It snowed all morning adding to the already amazing skiing conditions across the Portes du Soleil and we’re struggling to remember a time when the conditions have been this good, this late.
Throughout the winter we’ve had snowfall after snowfall and the temperatures have stayed low meaning there’s a really good late season base there. The season also started really early this year meaning skiing was also fantastic over both Christmas and New Year.
We’ve looked at the long term forecast for Morzine and Avoriaz for the next few weeks and we can’t believe our eyes! There’s even more of the white stuff predicted and the temperatures look like they’ll be dropping further. However, in true traditional easter skiing style, there’s also plenty of sunshine and blue skies predicted too. Cold, snowy mornings followed by warm sunny afternoons in the powder- you can’t beat it!
There’s even more of the white stuff predicted over the next two weeks!
So we’re asking the question… is this the best season we’ve ever seen?! Here’s our roundup for Winter 2018:
* 22 OCTOBER 2018: FIRST SNOW OF THE SEASON
* 11 NOVEMBER 2018: “KNEE DEEP” IN THE WHITE STUFF
* 16 NOVEMBER 2018: SKI TOURING STARTS, WHITE EMPTY PISTES
* 5 DECEMBER 2018: WINTER STAFF ARRIVE TO A WHITE LES GETS
* 25 DECEMBER: WHITE CHRISTMAS
* 7 JANUARY: MORE FRESH SNOW
* 13 FEBRUARY: FRESH TRACKS
* 2 MARCH: DROWNING IN SNOW!
* 31 MARCH: 1.1 MILLION PEOPLE HAVE USED THE PLENEY THIS SEASON
* 1 APRIL: SNOWING AGAIN… NOT AN APRIL FOOLS.